Friday, November 5, 2010

deliverables,deliverables,deliverables

this entry is one I wanted to add after I had written it (in haste). Upon uploading it now I have only added the 2 last lines.

Excitement is something that can be reason you wake up in the morning. It can also be a source of great frustration when it peters, this is where I find myself on first entry.

Royal Perth Hospital, home to WA's finest has the social and corporate capital that fueled initial desire and excitement for this project. Fast forward to week 14 and I would have my name alongside other, well established and respectable people, recognised world wide! It may still happen if I can salvage my sporadic efforts from shipwrecking in the wide open expanse of the public service.

First off, it seams that my tenure ship with RPH is a widely interconnected yet solo effort. Meetings with project organisers are mainly asynchronous and electronic - this would be a dream if only I had a clear brief or project plan. I am, it seems a master of my own destiny. And yet, maybe this is the allure as well as the calamitous character of the public service - organised chaos. A ubiquitous ecosystem of public health, 11 storeys high and 3 blocks wide has 2 dedicated PR professionals among its quiver. A busy duo indeed.

I know there is an abundance of communications work to do here at the McComb Foundation (it is a R+D facility after), and it must be essential, but envisioning it as a quantifiable work load is not accessible at this early stage.  Meetings to come should bring to life this golden opportunity. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment